At one point in your life, you might have sat down in front of your computer, watching random videos on your Youtube, then thinking to yourself: How do I monetize my time online?
Most of the "Get Rich Quick" ads point to one conclusion: pyramid schemes. Pyramid schemes are illegal.
One of the companies that promotes a way to make money online is Young Living. But Can You Make Money Selling Young Living or should you look elsewhere? This review will help you decide.
Stop! Don't Risk Losing Money!
You Need The Right Training In Order To Succeed With Network Marketing...
and much more!
What is Young Living?
Young Living is a multi-level marketing company founded by Donald Gary Young in 1993.
Young became interested in alternative medicine when he suffered from a back injury in the 1970s. He gained interest in essential oils upon meeting a French lavender distiller in a conference in California, and went on to study distillation in France.
Young Living is a company that specializes in essential oils and other related products. The selection includes:
- essential oils
- health supplements
- facial care products
- dental care products
- skin care products
The company also runs a charity called Young Living Foundation. Their vision is to provide wellness and educational opportunities to marginalized communities.
The company is currently based in Lehi, Utah, United States.
How to become a Young Living member
There are quite a lot of benefits to joining Young Living.
Joining Young Living gives you the following benefits:
- 24% off retail pricing
- Reduced shipping costs with the Essential Rewards program
- Earn rewards and free products through the Essential Rewards loyalty program
- Unique promotions
- Earn commissions
Joining Young Living can be done with these simple steps:
- Go to this link.
- Choose your Starter Kit.
- Enroll to the Essential Rewards program.
- Set up your monthly shipments. You can choose which products you would like to be delivered to you on a monthly basis.
- Fill up the membership form with your necessary information.
- Pay for your order.
- Congratulations! You are all set.
Young Living Enrollment Kits
Young Living has quite a lot of starter kits to choose from.
- Basic Starter Kit - $35
- Premium Starter Kit - $165
- Thieves Starter Bundle - $135
- Welcome Home Starter Kit - $125
- Ningxia Starter Bundle - $135
- CBD Premium Starter Kit - $165
- Extra Strength CBD Premium Starter Kit - $250
- 2019 PSK with Desert Mist Diffuser - $165
- 2019 PSK with Dewdrop Diffuser - $165
- Premium Starter Kit - International 220 Volt - $165
- Premium Starter Kit - Military Base APO-FPO_DPO - $165
What are Young Living member levels?
There are 10 total ranks in Young Living. Each rank requires the member to reach a certain sales quota on a monthly basis.
- Senior Star
- Crown Diamond
- Royal Crown Diamond
Young Living Compensation Plan
Young Living's compensation plan can be accessed and viewed through this link.
Basically, aside from selling products and recruiting, there are still other ways that can help you make money from Young Living.
Young Living utilizes a three-level approach that provides you with the ways that can help you grow and build your business.
- Create a foundation. Of course everyone starts at the lowest ranks, but Young Living rewards you for how you build your way through the initial ranks.
- Build your business. As you rise through the ranks, you can now recruit members to join your team and help each other succeed.
- Become a leader. As you establish yourself and your team, you are now prepared to take your leadership through greater heights.
I found a YouTube video that could explain this better, and you can watch it below.
Young Living Pros and Cons
Do Young Living distributors make money?
According to the Young Living 2018 Income Disclosure (IDS) document, the average annual income of those in Distributor rank, which comprises of 88.8% of members, is $4.
Those in Star rank, the rank that follows right after Distributor, which comprised of 7.9% of members, earned an average of $261.
$4 is not even enough to get a meal in McDonald's. This data threw me in a loop since the vast majority of Young Living's members did not seem to get back the money they invested in this venture.
This data alone shows there are much better ways of making money online than joining MLM companies such as Young Living or Juice Plus. It is quite sad that those many members were enticed by the company but ended up disappointed.
I truly believe that there are better ways to make money online than joining MLM companies such as Young Living. However, this does not mean that joining Young Living is already a guaranteed failure. The fact that there are members that reached those high ranks in the company meant that maybe, the strategies you are using are not correct.
Young Living lawsuits
Young Living has its fair share of lawsuits and controversy.
In 2017, Young Living lost its lawsuit against doTerra. The court ruled that the executives who left Young Living to start doTerra did not breach any employment contracts.
In 2019, Young Living was sued by members who were "tricked into believing they could transform their financial futures by signing up with the company as distributors". The lawsuit claims that members are buying more than they are selling, and heavily criticized the monthly automatic shipment process required for members.
Is Young Living legit?
Yes, Young Living is legit and has been in business for many years now.
However, MLMs are often bashed due to the following reasons:
- Team leaders encourage recruiting more than selling
- Members, especially those who have no sales experience, do not get proper training
- Since members lack proper training, they do not know who their potential customers are
The right team would make a big difference, and is your key to success.
Is Young Living a Pyramid Scheme?
First of all, let's look at what a Pyramid Scheme is:
"A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products." - Wikipedia
As Young Living distributors make money both by recruiting other team members AND by selling products to customers, it is safe to say that Young Living is not a Pyramid Scheme!
How to succeed with Young Living and any other online business
MLMs tend to get a bad reputation because people often fail to make money in them. This is because people just want that extra cash but do not undergo proper training that they need to start this kind of business.
Leaders, on the other hand, focus solely on recruiting more than selling products. The reason for this is because they earn more easily from commissions from their team's sales than actually selling the products themselves.
Here is the thing... You cannot force your products to people you know, like family, friends, acquaintances, or old classmates. Not everyone is your target market.
You need to find a way to reach the type of people who want to buy your products and are genuinely interested in them.
There are two popular ways to do this:
- Set up paid adverts that target a specific audience within your niche
- Find a way to generate free organic traffic that can be turned into sales
The first option is very expensive and if you are just starting out, then I recommend you scrap that for now.
The second one is completely doable and inexpensive, in fact, you can even get the right tools and information for FREE.
In my FREE 7-day Make Money Online Course, I teach a number of things that can help you succeed with Young Living and any other similar businesses.
By the end of the course, you will have the following knowledge:
- How to find your purpose and combine it with your goals for the ultimate winning mindset
- How to choose your niche or better leverage your existing one
- How to build a website in just a few clicks and have your own branding
- How to write content that can attract thousands of visitors who ACTUALLY want to buy your products
Grab my FREE course by clicking on the red button below 🙂
I hope you enjoyed reading my "Can You Make Money Selling Young Living?" review!
Feel free to let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below 🙂