But what about Scentsy? Can you make money selling Scentsy?
In this review, I am going to give you an insight on what Scentsy is, what the compensation plan is like, pros and cons and more...
I will also reveal how you can actually stand out of the crowd and start making money with such business model 🙂
Get the Life You Deserve!
Say goodbye to the 9 to 5 rat race and become your own boss!
and much more!
What is Scentsy?
Scentsy is a multi-level marketing company that was founded in 2003 by Kara Egan and her sister-in-law Colette Gunnell.
The company is currently based in Meridian, Idaho, United States.
Scentsy sells a number of scented products including the following:
- Warmers + Wax
- Diffusers + Oils
- Fan Diffusers
- Laundry Liquids
- Body Wash
- Pets Shampoo
How to become a Scentsy consultant
Go to the Join Scentsy page, search for a sponsor based on name or location and click on "Enroll with <sponsor name>".
You will then be asked to enter some basic information and pick your preferred Starter Kit.
The next step will be to provide more details such as home address and password.
On that same page, you will also be able to set your ".scentsy" type of website, but only if you wish to opt for that.
Finally, you will sign a digital agreement and pay for your order.
About Scentsy Kits
Scentsy only provides a choice of 2 Starter Kits:
Value Starter Kit - £24
- Scentsy Mini Warmer
- Black Raspberry Vanilla Scentsy Bar
- 5 Spring/Summer Catalogues
- Sample Packette Bundle (Laundry, Body, Clean, Pets)
- 20 Fragrance Testers
- Quick Start Guide
- Free Personal Website (PWS) for three months; £10/€12 per month after that
Scentsy Starter Kit - £85
- Classic Curve Gloss Gray Warmer
- Black Raspberry Vanilla Scentsy Bar
- Aloe Water & Cucumber Fragrance Flower
- Hobo the Cat Buddy Clip
- Lemon Verbena Counter Clean
- Amazon Rain Washer Whiffs (453 g)
- Luna Car Bar Clip
- Body Product Samples
- Laundry Product Samples
- Spring/Summer 2020 Fragrance Tester Set
- Classic Curve Felt Samples
- Consultant Guide
- Quick Start Guide
- Spring/Summer 2020 Catalogues (1 pack of 25)
- Spring/Summer 2020 Product Lists (1 pad of 50 sheets)
- Body Product Category Brochures (1 pack of 25)
- Clean Product Category Brochures (1 pack of 25)
- Laundry Product Category Brochures (1 pack of 25)
- Fragrance Systems Brochures (1 pack of 25)
- Pets Product Category Brochures (1 pack of 25)
- Host/Join Brochures (1 pack of 25)
- Order forms (1 pack of 50)
- Invitation Postcards (1 pack of 100)
- Merchandise Sacks
- Mini Zip Sacks
- Product Training Guide
- Thank You Postcard (1 pack of 100)
- Free Gift
A Starter Kit must be purchased upon registering as a new consultant.
What are Scentsy levels?
There are 8 levels in Scentsy and progression is achieved by meeting specific goals.
The levels are:
- Escential Consultant
- Certified Consultant
- Lead Consultant
- Star Consultant
- Super Consultant
- Star Director
- Superstar Director
Here is a table that explains what goals need to be achieved in order for you to be able to advance to the next level:
Scentsy Compensation Plan
Scentsy compensation plan is pretty much based on the table I have showed you in the paragraph above.
In a nutshell, consultants earn between 20% and 36% commissions and bonuses on personal sales, as well as leadership bonuses based on their teams’ sales.
The video below gives a more in depth explanation of the compensation plan:
Scentsy Pros and Cons
Do Scentsy consultants make money?
According to Scentsy's latest income disclosure, the average yearly commission received by consultants who were with Scentsy for the entire 12 months (Group 1 below) was only £1.933.
Unfortunately, this is what happens with most MLMs, as consultants do not get the appropriate training and as a result, they fail to succeed.
I shall be talking more about training at the end of this post 🙂
Is Scentsy legit?
Scentsy is a legitimate company that is also well-known when it comes to the type of products they sell.
Scenty's Facebook page currently shows a rating of 4.4 out of 5 based on the opinion of 1,730 people:
From my research, it looks like most of the bad reviews have been left by people who have tried to sell Scentsy but did not succeed.
Again, I am 100% sure this was mostly due to the bad training that these consultants had received.
Is Scentsy a Pyramid Scheme?
First of all, let's look at what a Pyramid Scheme is:
"A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products." - Wikipedia
As Scentsy consultants make money both by recruiting other team members AND by selling products to customers, it is safe to say that Scentsy is not a Pyramid Scheme!
Can you make money selling Scentsy?
MLMs tend to get a bad reputation because generally people struggle to make money with them.
This is because of leaders that insist in "training" their team members to sell products via social medias by bombarding family and friends.
Here is the thing... You cannot rely on friends and family to make a full time income as a consultant!
You need to find a way to reach those people who are actually looking to buy what you can offer.
There are two popular ways to do this:
- Set up paid adverts that target a specific audience within your niche
- Find a way to generate free organic traffic that can be turned into sales
The first option is very expensive and if you are just starting out, then I recommend you scrap that for now.
The second one is completely doable and inexpensive, in fact, you can even get the right tools and information for FREE.
In my FREE 7-day Make Money Online Course, I teach a number of things that can help you succeed with Scentsy and any other similar businesses.
By the end of the course, you will have the following knowledge:
- How to find your purpose and combine it with your goals for the ultimate winning mindset
- How to choose your niche or better leverage your existing one
- How to build a website in just a few clicks and have your own branding
- How to write content that can attract thousands of visitors who ACTUALLY want to buy your products
Grab my FREE course by clicking on the red button below 🙂
I hope you enjoyed reading my "Can You Make Money Selling Scentsy?" review!
Feel free to let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below 🙂