Monetizing your time in the internet is a great idea. As long as you have a device with an internet connection, you can find many opportunities to make money online while working a full-time job.
However, since a lot of people have been looking for an opportunity like this, a lot of scams have surfaced. Some scams want you to invest in them, while some just want to steal your personal information.
One of the most notable scams are called pyramid schemes. Pyramid schemes are illegal. If you invest in one, you will never see that money again.
Today we will be looking at a company called ACN. Is ACN a Pyramid Scheme? Find out in this review.
Stop Trying to Sell to Family and Friends!
You Need The Right Training In Order To Succeed With Network Marketing and Make $$$...
and much more!
ACN is a multi-level marketing company founded by Robert Stevanovski, Greg Provenzano, Tony Cupisz, and Mike Cupisz in 1993.
ACN is a company that provides a range of services, from telecommunications, energy, merchant services, and a lot more, depending on the country.
ACN has the following residential services available:
- home phone
- gas and electricity
- high-speed internet
- security & automation
- identity theft protection
ACN has the following business services available:
- gas & electricity
- payment processing
- identity theft protection
- security & automation
The company is currently based in Concord, North Carolina, United States.
How to become an ACN Independent Business Owner
To join ACN, go to this link.
These are the steps you need to follow to ensure a smoother application process:
- Provide your personal information.
- Choose whether you want to apply as an individual or a business entity.
- Provide your banking details. This is optional.
- Create a password. Make sure you remember it.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Provide your payment information.
- Confirm your details and proceed with payment.
- Congratulations, you are now on your way to becoming an ACN Independent Business Owner.
ACN Enrollment Plans
ACN has only one enrollment plan available.
The ACN Independent Business Owner start-up fee costs $199. It allows you to conduct one year of business. A $25 monthly fee is also required for Business Support, which are for the tools you need to maintain your active status in the company.
ACN also provides a range of services you can use to build your business for no additional cost.
ACN's IBO Support services include:
- Business Tracking + Commission & Reporting System
- Personal Customer List
- Personal Online Storefront
- Personal Website
- ACN Social Networking Sites
- Training Material & Marketing Tools
- Personal Development Center
- The Benefit of ACN's Product Development and Market Analysis
- Quarterly Subscription to Success Magazine
- IBO Alerts
- IBO Services (Chat & Messaging)
- Conference Calling and Video Web Conferencing Services
- Recognition Programs, Product Reports, Bonus Program & Incentive-Based Trips
ACN's Customer Support services include:
- Customer Care in multiple languages
- Customer Provisioning, Activation, Billing Maintenance
- Customer Incentive & Retention Programs
- Product Development, Information, Support & FAQs
- Online Account Access
What are ACN Independent Business Owner levels?
There are 6 total ranks in ACN. Each rank requires the member to reach a certain sales quota.
- Independent Business Owner (IBO)
- Customer Qualified IBO (CQ)
- Executive Team Leader (ETL)
- Regional Director (RD)
- Regional Vice President (RVP)
- Senior Vice President (SVP)
ACN Compensation Plan
ACN's compensation plan can be accessed and viewed through this link.
These are the ways to make money with ACN.
- Residual commissions paid monthly based on your personal customers’ usage of ACN’s services
- Residual commissions paid monthly based on your downline’s customers’ usage of ACN’s services
- Bonuses paid weekly based on your personal customer acquisition
- Bonuses paid weekly based on your downline’s personal customer acquisition
I found a video on YouTube that could explain the compensation plan better. You can watch it below.
ACN Pros and Cons
Do ACN Independent Business Owners make money?
I think we could all agree that it is a big red flag when a company does not publish their Income Disclosure Statement. That is the case with ACN.
I have looked in different sites and blogs and I could not seem to find a copy of one. I saw some people in web forums looking for it as well.
Since we do not have any data showing us how much an independent business owner can potentially earn, we have no way to know if ACN independent business owners make money or not.
I believe that there are better ways to make money online than joining MLM companies such as ACN and Total Life Changes.
I do not suggest trusting comments or posts from social media as proof that you can earn money in an MLM. The data never lies, so it is always good to have that information public, for the sake of those thinking of joining MLMs. Not publishing them just makes the company look shady.
However, we could all agree that joining MLMs come with pros and cons. It is always good to get the proper training from your team leader to boost your sales. As long as you use the correct marketing strategies and have a good team supporting you, you can find success in this venture.
ACN has its own fair share of negative reviews.
In this post, a Reddit user talked about their experience with ACN. Someone they went to college with messaged them about this amazing opportunity and they entertained them, intrigued. In the end, they got invited to a webinar where they finally realized that this is an MLM, so they backed out straight away. They described the experience as predatory and shady.
This post talked about a Reddit user's experience with ACN while they were unemployed. They realized that the company is an MLM when the job recruiters asked them for $300 straight away.
Is ACN legit?
Yes, ACN is a legit company that has been in business for many years now.
However, MLMs always get negative reviews for the following reasons:
- Team leaders do not train their members properly
- Members, who have no proper training, end up not selling products and losing a lot of money
Joining an MLM always comes with a risk, but if you are with the right team, you would be able to pull through. Having a team that would train and support you is one of the best ways to succeed.
I believe that as long as you apply the right strategies and you have the proper support from your team, you can make this opportunity work.
Is ACN a Pyramid Scheme?
First of all, let's look at what a Pyramid Scheme is:
"A pyramid scheme is a business model that recruits members via a promise of payments or services for enrolling others into the scheme, rather than supplying investments or sale of products." - Wikipedia
As ACN independent business owners make money both by recruiting other team members AND by selling products to customers, it is safe to say that ACN is not a Pyramid Scheme!
How to succeed with ACN and any other online business
MLMs tend to get a bad reputation because a lot of people do not make money with them. Some incur a lot of financial losses, while some even lose their life savings.
This is because of leaders who do not train their members properly, but push them to recruit more people to include to their downline. This is not the proper way to run a business.
Here is the thing... You cannot just force people to sign up for your MLM when they are not interested with the company and its products. You will just end up ruining your relationships.
The best way to succeed in an MLM is by reaching your target market, as they are the people willing to buy your products. Their purchases will sustain your business and provide your earnings.
There are two popular ways to do this:
- Set up paid adverts that target a specific audience within your niche
- Find a way to generate free organic traffic that can be turned into sales
The first option is very expensive and if you are just starting out, then I recommend you scrap that for now.
The second one is completely doable and inexpensive, in fact, you can even get the right tools and information for FREE.
In this FREE Make Money Online Course, you can learn a number of things that can help you succeed with ACN and any other similar businesses.
By the end of the course, you will have the following knowledge:
- How to choose your niche or better leverage your existing one
- How to build a website in just a few clicks and have your own branding
- How to write content that can attract thousands of visitors who ACTUALLY want to buy your products
Click on the red button below to get started 🙂
I hope you enjoyed reading my "Is ACN a Pyramid Scheme?" review!
Feel free to let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below 🙂