Everybody dreams about having a "laptop style" kind of life.
Making money while sitting at the beach or enjoying a lovely trip around the world... What more could you wish for?
Luckily, with the number of online opportunities available these days, living the "laptop style" life is possible.
Despite Fiverr being a popular way to work from home, it will never allow you to make money while you sleep.
This is why I recommend you check out my #1 recommendation to make money online 🙂
Read this Fiverr review to understand why you should not use it and why you should follow my recommendation instead!
What is Fiverr?
Fiverr was launched in Tel Aviv on 1st February 2010.
It is a platform that allows freelancer to sell their services to anybody who needs them.
You can find pretty much anything on Fiverr, from Digital Marketing, Writing, Graphic Design, Voice Over, Music, Video, Programming and so on.
How does Fiverr work?
When Fiverr was founded, this exact name was chosen due to work being sold at $5 per gig.
Fiverr was criticised a lot as it was accused of advertising very cheap services.
In 2014, sellers were finally able to set their own prices, depending on the service they were offering and also based on their experience.
Using Fiverr is really simple, as you only need to create one account that you can use to both buy and sell a service.
All you need to do is going to fiverr.com and click on "Join". You will be prompted to enter an email address or connect your Facebook account.
Once you have created the account, you can start browsing and look for the service you need.
Click on "Become a Seller" and follow the instructions to set up your profile and post your first gig.
What kind of jobs can you do on Fiverr?
You can do pretty much anything on Fiverr, as long as it complies with their terms!
Here is a list with the most popular jobs on Fiverr:
- Logo Design
- Web and Mobile Design
- Photoshop Editing
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Video Editing
- Visual Effects
- Music Videos
- Voice Over
- Mixing and Mastering
- Singers and Songwriters
- Web Programming
- Data Entry
- Virtual Assistant
... And more!
How much does it cost and how much can you earn?
Fiverr is free to join, however they take a percentage from each transaction.
You keep 80% of every gig sold.
Payment is transferred to your account as soon as the work is completed.
How much you earn will depend on you. An experienced seller with lots of positive reviews will be more likely to sell.
Initially, you might want to lower your prices, so that you are more likely to sell gigs and receive some reviews in exchange.
Pricing can be set from $5 to $995.
Some freelancers will spend just a few hours a week on Fiverr, others use it as a way of making a full-time income.
Three reasons why I do not recommend using platforms like Fiverr
I don't have any experience in making money with Fiverr, but I did some extensive research and saw lots of complaints online.
Generally, people are complaining about the fact that buyers are protected, while sellers aren't.
There are also a lot of complaints about customer support:
I am sure not all buyers try to scam sellers, but I honestly would not risk putting so much work into a platform that has received lots of complaints.
Furthermore, I have previously worked through a similar platform and here is why I do not recommend using Fiverr:
- If what you do has a lot of competition, you will struggle to stand out among the sellers who have already established themselves.
- You will spend months building up your profile for a platform that one day might even shut down.
- You will hardly be able to enjoy your laptop-style life, if you still have to work 8 hours a day or more for the rest of your life.
Check out this Fiverr review by Roberto Blake:
Fiverr Review Conclusion: Here is a much better way to make consistent money online...
There are ways you can make money online while avoiding the 3 issues above.
Whether you want to make money writing, selling your own product or becoming an affiliate marketer, the rules are simple:
- Choose a Niche - For example, if you are a Video Editor, you might be specialised in certain types of videos or if you are a Developer you might want to base your niche on the coding languages you know best!
- Build Your Website - You do not need to be an expert. Many people use WordPress these days, where no coding is required.
- Attract Visitors - Follow the SEO rules that will allow your website to be found online organically. This way, you will no longer have to go after you clients. They will come to you!
- Earn Revenue - Make money by selling services, digital products or promoting third party's products.
Why is this better than using a platform like Fiverr?
- You get to have your brand and become an authority within your niche.
- You own your website and all the content on it, meaning that you won't have to worry about respecting terms of a third party platform, or even worry about the platform shutting down!
- Once Google recognises that your website contains valuable content, you will start ranking higher, meaning that your business will grow as times go (as long as you keep on posting valuable content).
- Some content will even allow you to make passive income, which means that a piece of content you create now, could make you earn money while you sleep in the foreseeable future!
This is why I recommend you check out this fantastic community that has taught many people how to make money online and be their own boss 🙂
It is Free to join and you will be guided throughout your journey.
As long as you are willing to work on your business, you will not fail!
I hope you enjoyed this Fiverr review. Please feel free to share your own experience with Fiverr by leaving a comment below 🙂